Blog Rules & Guidelines
Blog Rules & Guidelines
Technical Assistance Resource Center Comment Posting Rules & Guidelines
The comments posted to this resource site are moderated to ensure that this online community is constructive and beneficial to as many people as possible. Posting a message on this site constitutes your agreement to abide by the following rules and policies. These rules also apply to your communication with the team of moderators.
General Rules and Guidelines:
- Profanity is not allowed on this site.
- The Webmaster and TA Resouce Center site Moderators have the ability to edit and delete posts and comments without notification to the original author if they are not consistent with the interests of the organization or its website policies and procedures.
- Posts and comments shall respect other people’s viewpoints, religions, philosophies, etc.
- Posts and comments shall offer important and relevant information for readers.
- All users remain solely responsible for the content of their posts and comments. The Denver Foundation assumes no responsibility for what is said or posted.
- Links shall be relevant to the topics and issues presented on this Technical Assistance Resource Webpage.
- CATEGORIES. Please pick the most appropriate category(ies) for your post. If there is not a suitable category, please suggest one by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TITLES OF POSTS. All titles for posts to this Technical Assistance Resource Center site shall not contain profanity, explicit sexual terms or highly suggestive language, references to violence, or other language which may be regarded as offensive or hostile toward any individual or group, regardless of its author’s actual intent.
- CONTENT OF POSTS. Users warrant that they shall post messages that are relevant to the topics presented only. When commenting on consultants used, whether those listed in The Denver Foundation database or otherwise, NO specific names shall be referenced. For detailed information about a consultant mentioned, readers are asked to directly contact the posting nonprofit organization. Users shall not post messages that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, disparaging, or threatening to any individual or group, or which are in violation of any laws. Posts shall adhere to the mission of the Blog where they are posted.
- The public is allowed to comment all posts; however, the public is also bound by the Rules and Guidelines of this site.
- CONTENT OF COMMENTS. Those who comment, warrant that they will add messages that are relevant to Technical Assistance Resource Webpage and Blog only and will not post comments that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, disparaging, or threatening to any individual or group, or which are in violation of any laws. Comments must adhere to the mission of the Blog where they are posted and be constructive. NO SOLICITATIONS OR ADVERTISEMENTS WILL BE POSTED.
Tips for posting and comments:
- Be concise to encourage others to read your entire post and respond to it.
- If you want feedback, then give feedback to others.
- Within comments, use a friendly, conversational tone.
- Before posting, look at the preview of the text (scroll down the window to the bottom), especially if you add special text, for example, linking to another site. Preview is a great feature!
- If you are commenting on a post, quote only enough material to show context.
- If you are going to write an excessively short post, please make your short message meaningful. Please do not say, “Me too.”
- Please do not post messages with either the subject or the body in all capital letters. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE SHOUTING!
- Some people use Chat Speak, terms such as “ir8″ (irate), “l8r” (later), “lol” (laugh out loud), and rofl (roll on floor laughing), which makes messages difficult to read. If you are going to use them, please use them sparingly.
If you have any complaints, please forward them directly to the Technical Assistance Resource Center moderator at email@example.com. Please do not post complaints directly on the site.
The Denver Foundation reserves the right to change the Rules & Guidelines for this site at any time and to edit all posts and comments to ensure that they uphold the mission of the organization and the intended spirit of this resource.