Related Articles & Resources
Articles and Resources
Local Related Articles and Resources
Please visit this section of the TA Resource Center for information and resources to help you improve your organization’s ability to achieve its mission. The listing below focuses on local resources.
GRANTS and FINANCIAL INFORMATION
Colorado Grants Guide
· a publication of the Community Resource Center. The Colorado Grants Guide is a comprehensive directory of funding sources.
· For information, call (303) 623-1540, or visit CRC’s web site: http://www.crcamerica.org/
Financial Management for Nonprofits: Keys to Success
• By Peter Konrad and Alys Novak, $28.00, available from Bayaud Industries, call
Dave Busenbark at 303-830-6885, ext. 209, or email@example.com
- their address is 333 West Bayaud Ave. Denver, CO 80223
NONPROFIT SECTOR ORGANIZATIONS
Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Colorado Chapter
P.O. Box 21317
Denver, CO 80221
Phone: (303) 394-6388
Fax: (303) 451-7567
The AFP Colorado Chapter enables people and organizations to practice effective fundraising through ethical standards, educational resources, and networking.
Colorado Nonprofit Association
225 East 16th Avenue, #1060
Denver, CO 80203
Phone: (303) 832-5710
The Colorado Nonprofit Association is the voice of Colorado’s nonprofit community, offering its members a variety of services and technical assistance on starting and managing nonprofit organizations.
Colorado Center for Community Development
University of Colorado at Denver
Campus Box 126
P.O. Box 173364
Denver, CO 80217-3364
Fax: 303-556-6651Website: www.cudenver.edu/Academics/Colleges/ArchitecturePlanning/discover/centers/Co%20Ctr%20for%20Community%20Development/Pages/default.aspx
The Colorado Center for Community Development is a service center that encourages sustainable improvements to foster community reinvestment and citizen participation. They provide technical, educational and applied research opportunities to underserved organizations, neighborhoods, and communities. Services include architecture, planning, community arts, facilitation and community visioning, and goal setting.
Colorado Nonprofit Development Center
4130 Tejon Street, Suite A
Denver, CO 80211
Phone: (720) 855-0501
Fax: (720) 855-8273
The Center assists emerging charitable groups by providing them with management services and guidance in developing best practices. Services include financial and administrative oversight, and technical assistance.
Community Resource Center (CRC)
655 Broadway, Suite 300
Denver, CO 80203-3426
Phone: (303) 623-1540
CRC is a nonprofit organization offering technical assistance, leadership training, and organizational development consultation targeted primarily to community-based organizations. CRC publishes the Colorado Grants Guide, a comprehensive directory of funding sources.
444 Sherman Street, Suite 100
Denver, CO 80203
Tel: (303) 282-1234
Metro Volunteers! assists nonprofit groups in developing volunteer assets and educational programs at all levels. They provide both workshops and individualized consultations.
The Piton Foundation: http://www.piton.org/
· A unique and useful feature of this site is “Neighborhood Facts” which allows users to find and compile an almost unlimited amount of statistical information about neighborhoods within the City of Denver.
Denver City Government: http://www.denvergov.org/
· This comprehensive site allows visitors to connect with Denver City agencies and elected officials. The “My Denver” button leads visitors to their neighborhoods – or any neighborhood they want to know about. The “Citizen” button leads to interesting information including neighborhood histories.
Colorado Local Government Directory: www.statelocalgov.net
· Many municipal and county governments have their own web sites, which include links to local government services affecting neighborhoods. The above Internet address provides a directory of links to local government sites as well as sites for civic and business groups.
For useful articles look to the left of this page in the "Featured Artciles" section and visit the blog for reflections on fresh user generated content.