Supporting animal welfare and wildlife preservation
The Denver Foundation is pleased to invite qualified nonprofits to apply for funding from The Lauren Townsend Memorial Wildlife Fund, established by her family to honor her love for learning and animals. The fund awards grants to nonprofit organizations that focus on animal welfare or wildlife preservation.
Grants from the fund range from $500 – $5,000. The fund typically awards a total of $15,000 – $20,000 annually.
- Your organization must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or have a 501(c) (3) fiscal sponsor.
- Your organization must be located in the U.S..
- Your organization must focus on animal welfare or wildlife preservation.
- Your organization must seek funding for a specific project or program.
- Organizational budget must be less and or equal to $250,000.
- Smaller nonprofit organizations are particularly encouraged to apply.
Grant awards given in previous years are no guarantee of future grant awards.
Not eligible for funding:
- General operating expenses, including salaries and other administrative operating costs.
- Lobbying activities.
If in the last three years you have been awarded two or more grants from the Lauren Townsend Memorial Wildlife Fund, you are not eligible for funding this year. You are welcome to reapply in the next year’s funding cycle.