Helping solid organ transplant recipients make a positive impact
The Alexander Brown Memorial Scholarship is open to solid organ transplant recipients who aspire to better themselves through higher education. High school seniors who will be graduating from high school in the upcoming spring term and who plan to attend an accredited technical, 2-year, or 4-year institution, or students who are currently enrolled in an accredited technical, 2-year, or 4-year institution are eligible to apply. We hope that the recipients of this scholarship will continue forward in making a positive impact in the world.
- Be a solid organ transplant recipient
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
- Planning to begin classes at an accredited technical, 2-year, or 4-year institution in the United States in the upcoming academic year.
Scholarships will be awarded based on:
- extracurricular activities & leadership
- scholastic potential
Scholarship awards are one-time awards. The amounts awarded to a selected recipient may be used for tuition, fees, room, board, books, supplies, and health insurance. All scholarships will be paid directly to a recipient’s school and must be used for the upcoming academic year. Award disbursement is contingent upon the outside scholarship policies of a recipient’s college or university.
How to apply
- Read through the eligibility to confirm you meet the requirements for the scholarship opportunity
- Please prepare and submit the following items
- As you reflect on your experience as a solid organ transplant recipient, how has that influenced your continued education commitment and your future goals?
- Request two letters of recommendation
- One community letter of recommendation
- One academic letter of recommendation