Columbine Memorial Scholarship for teachers supports engaged Jefferson County School District teachers who have made a positive impact in their school and/or larger community.
- Currently working as a teacher or school professional at a public high school in the Jefferson County School District
- Planning to register for coursework that will further his or her career in education or toward recertification
- Intending to register for coursework during the upcoming summer through next summer
Scholarships will be awarded once a year through a competitive process based on:
- extracurricular activities and leadership
One teacher is selected each year. Scholarship awards will be paid directly to a recipient’s educational institution and may be used for tuition, fees, or required books and supplies for the upcoming academic year. Applicants can be enrolled in undergraduate- or graduate-level work and they do not need to be pursuing a degree.
Please note that award disbursement is contingent upon the outside scholarship policies of a recipient’s college or university. Awards must be used for the upcoming academic year.
How to apply
- Read through the eligibility to confirm you meet the requirements for the scholarship opportunity
- Prepare and submit the following items:
- Two essays
- What do you consider to be the three most important things you have accomplished in your school and/or community? Why?
- What drew you to teaching/education? And What coursework are you pursuing to further your career?
- One academic or community reference