The Jim and Peggy Curtis Scholarship was created to support students graduating from Moffat Consolidated School or Mountain Valley High School. Scholarships of varying amounts are awarded to students planning to enroll in a trade school, technical school, community college, or four-year accredited college in the United States.
- Graduating high school seniors
- Students who graduated from high school spring 2023 or 2024 are encouraged to apply
- Planning to enroll in a trade school, technical school, community college, or a four-year accredited college in the United States
- Demonstrate financial need
The selection committee will look at an applicant’s commitment to the field/passion for the work, scholastic potential, and references.
Scholarship awards will be paid directly to a recipient’s college or university and can only be applied toward tuition and fees. Award amounts vary and are based on the strength of the application. Scholarship grants can be used for tuition and fees for full-time or part-time students.
Renewal is not automatic for this award; however, previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply for consideration. Awards must be used for the upcoming academic year. An individual can receive a scholarship from this fund for a maximum of three years.
How to apply
- Read through the eligibility to confirm you meet the requirements for the scholarship opportunity
- Prepare and submit the following items:
- Two essays
- Please describe what you would like to study in college, what inspired your interest in this area, and what you hope to achieve with this degree.
- Where and how do you show leadership in your day-to-day life/activities?
- One academic reference