Columbine Memorial Scholarship for students supports engaged students from Jefferson County School District who have made a positive impact in their school and/or larger community.
- Graduating from a public high school in the Jefferson County School District
- Have an unweighted cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 at the time the application is submitted
- Planning to begin classes at an accredited university, college, community college, or technical school in the United States in the upcoming fall semester.
Scholarships will be awarded once a year through a competitive process based on:
- extracurricular activities and leadership
Scholarship awards will be paid directly to a recipient’s educational institution and may be used for tuition, fees, books, supplies, and other required educational expenses for the upcoming academic year for full-time study at an accredited post-secondary school in the United States. At least two of the students selected will be from Columbine High School.
Automatic renewals for this scholarship do not take place, nor is awarding guaranteed simply because a recipient received the award previously. A student may re-apply for the opportunity if they have been previously awarded. Recipients have a maximum of four years to receive funding.
Please note that award disbursement is contingent upon the outside scholarship policies of a recipient’s college or university. Awards must be used for the upcoming academic year.
How to apply
- Read through the eligibility to confirm you meet the requirements for the scholarship opportunity
- Prepare and submit the following items:
- Two essays
- Where and how do you show leadership in your day-to-day life/activities?
- Please describe what you would like to study in college, what inspired your interest in this area, and what you hope to achieve with this degree.
- One academic or community reference