The John W. & Edna Wilson Mosley Scholarship aims to assist African-American students from East High School to attend their first year at the college, university, or another accredited post-secondary school of their choice.
- Be a graduating, Black or African American (defined by the U.S. Census) senior from East High School
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Planning to attend a college, university, or other accredited post-secondary school in the upcoming academic year
Scholarships will be awarded once a year through a competitive process based on:
- commitment to the field/passion for the work
- extracurricular activities & leadership
- vision for the future
Two selected recipients will receive one-time scholarship awards in the amount of $2,000.
Scholarship awards will be paid directly to a recipient’s college or university and can only be applied toward tuition and fees. Please note that award disbursement is contingent upon the outside scholarship acceptance policies of a recipient’s school. Automatic renewals for this scholarship do not take place, nor is awarding guaranteed simply because a recipient received the award previously. A student may re-apply for the opportunity if they have previously received the award. The scholarship is to apply toward tuition and fees only. Awards must be used for the upcoming academic year, no deferments are allowed.