The APS Golden Eagle Scholarship is a four-year scholarship exclusively for Aurora Public Schools students who plan to attend Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU Global), a 100% online college that is part of the Colorado State University system. The scholarship will be administered by The Denver Foundation in partnership with Aurora Public Schools and CSU Global.
- Graduate from Aurora Public Schools (APS) during the current academic year;
- Be enrolled in APS for at least two years of high school, including junior and senior year. This requirement may be waived for students who have unique circumstances, such as one or more parents in the military, immigration/refugee status, foster home. Charter school students and APS-authorized Options students residing within the APS boundary are eligible to apply
- Graduate from high school with a minimum 2.8 GPA (unweighted GPA)
- Have at least one year of work experience (volunteer work can count in lieu of work experience)
Note: Freshman applicants are not required to submit college entrance exams, but may choose to submit exam scores for consideration. CSU Global minimum entrance exams are: 980 on the SAT or 18 on the ACT.
To learn more about the First Time Freshman Admissions requirements for CSU-Global campus, click here.
Scholarships will be awarded through a competitive process based on academic merit, demonstration of financial need, community engagement and length of work experience, length of enrollment in Aurora Public Schools, a clear statement of goals as it relates to the available programs offered at CSU-Global, and potential success in enrolling in 100% online college program.
Students may be eligible for renewal up to four years upon enrolling at CSU-Global each term as long as the student: maintains Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) according to CSU-Global’s SAP policies, successfully enroll, and complete at least 30 credits per year in the chosen degree program (students who do not complete 30 credits in a year will no longer be eligible to receive the scholarship); not exhaust four-year eligibility, and have not completed a Bachelor’s degree.
Every winner will receive a minimum $7,500 annual award and may receive more depending on available funding and the student’s unmet need after other financial aid. Scholarship awards will be applied directly to CSU-Global toward payment for each trimester. Award disbursement is contingent upon the financial aid and scholarship acceptance policies of CSU-Global.
How to apply
- Read through the eligibility to confirm you meet the requirements for the scholarship opportunity
- Please prepare and submit the following items
- As part of the Colorado University State System and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, the CSU-Global campus is a campus offering a wide variety of majors with rigor and flexibility. Please share what challenges you anticipate with online school and how you will overcome them. How do you see yourself fitting into the online format of CSU Global?
- Academic reference