The Asian American Leaders in Mental Health Scholarship is open to Asian American and Pacific Islander students who will be pursuing a career in clinical mental health practice.
- U.S. applicants of Asian, Pacific Islander, or Asian Multiracial ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census
- Preference is given to applicants who are the first generation in their family to attend college or graduate school
- Preference is given to applicants currently enrolled in a counseling/counseling psychology master’s degree program with a pathway to clinical licensure
- Have indicated a commitment to counseling communities of color and utilizing a social justice lens.
Scholarships will be awarded once each year through a competitive process based on:
- a commitment to the field/passion for work
- service to the community and social justice
Scholarship awards are one-time awards with the opportunity to apply for subsequent years for consideration. The amount awarded to a selected recipient may be used for tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, board, and any additional cost of attendance expenses. All scholarships will be paid directly to a recipient’s school and must be used for the upcoming academic year. Award disbursement is contingent upon the outside scholarship policies of a recipient’s college or university.