The Excelsior Scholarship helps bridge the financial gap for academically excelling college-bound students. This opportunity specifically looks to support students currently enrolled at a 2-year community college who plan to transfer to a 4-year institution (public or private) in the upcoming academic year, OR for those who will be studying at a vocational/technical school in the fall.
- Must be currently enrolled at a 2-year community college or attending a vocational/technical school in Colorado
- Must be a resident of Colorado
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average
- Will be enrolling at an accredited 4-year college/university (public or private) in the upcoming academic year OR continue studying at a technical skill training program at an accredited or recognized institution and earning a certificate/certification or a professional license.
Students identified as emancipated and/or foster care youth are highly encouraged to apply!
Scholarships will be awarded once a year to a college or trade school student through a competitive process based on:
- extracurricular activities and leadership
- financial need
- scholastic potential
Award amounts can be up to $5,000 per year for 4-year institutions and up to $4,500 per year for vocational/technical schools based on the strength of the student application and their unmet financial need.
Awards can be used for the following expenses depending on where the applicant attends school:
- 4-year institutions: tuition, fees, room, board, books, supplies, and health insurance
- vocational/technical schools: tuition, fees, books, and supplies
Scholarship awards will be paid directly to the recipient’s school. Awards must be used for the upcoming academic year. Renewal is not automatic for this award, however, previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply for consideration. An individual can receive a scholarship from this fund for a maximum of five years.