The Excelsior Scholarship Fund was created to help bridge the financial gap for academically excelling undergraduate college and vocational/technical school bound students.
- Must be a resident of Colorado
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average
- Must enroll at an accredited vocational/technical school, community college, or college/university (public or private) in the upcoming academic year
- If you are going to enroll in a vocational/technical school, it must be a technical skill training program at an accredited or recognized institution and earn a certificate/certification or a professional license
Students identified as emancipated and/or foster care youth are highly encouraged to apply!
Scholarships will be awarded once each year through a competitive process based on academics, extracurricular activities and leadership, financial need, and scholastic potential.
Scholarships amounts will vary. Award amounts can be up to $5,000 per year based on the strength of the student application and their unmet financial need. Awards can be used for tuition, fees, room, board, books, supplies, health insurance, and supplies.
Scholarship awards will be paid directly to the recipient’s school. Awards must be used for the upcoming academic year. Renewal is not automatic for this award; however, previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply. An individual can receive a scholarship from this fund for a maximum of five years.
How to apply
- Read through the eligibility to confirm you meet the requirements for the scholarship opportunity
- Prepare and submit the following items:
- Two essays
- Please describe what you would like to study in college, what inspired your interest in this area, and you hope to achieve with this degree.
- Where and how do you show leadership in your day-to-day life/activities?
- One community reference