The Painter Service for Others Scholarship provides scholarships for full-time, undergraduate students in their junior or senior years pursuing college degrees in teaching or social work at one of the following schools: Metropolitan State University of Denver, University of Denver, or Colorado State University.
- Will be a full-time junior or senior (minimum 12 credits/semester) at Metropolitan State University of Denver, University of Denver, or Colorado State University in the upcoming fall semester;
- Intend to pursue a career as a K-12 teacher or a social worker focusing on assisting children and/or young adults;
- Hold a 2.5 or higher cumulative G.P.A. or a minimum 3.0 G.P.A. in their major;
- Demonstrate financial need through completion of the FAFSA, CASFA, or other approved source;
- Have participated in significant volunteer/community service work in high school and in college;
- Have a high level of social concern and demonstrated leadership skills.
Scholarships will be awarded once a year through a competitive process based on:
- commitment to the field/passion for the work
- extracurricular activities and leadership
- vision for the future
Scholarship awards will be paid directly to a recipient’s college or university and can only be applied toward tuition and fees. The minimum award is $1,000. Please note that award disbursement is contingent upon the outside scholarship acceptance policies of a recipient’s school. Automatic renewals for this scholarship do not take place, nor is awarding guaranteed simply because a recipient received the award previously. A student may re-apply for the opportunity if they have previously received the award. The scholarship is to apply toward tuition and fees only. Awards must be used for the upcoming academic year, no deferments are allowed.
Photo credit: MSU Denver/Alyson McClaran