The Raymond and Velma Merkle Scholarship supports students from Manual High School who are active in their school and community.
- Graduating from Manual High School during the current academic school year
- Minimum cumulative GPA of at least 2.75
- Will be a first-generation college student (i.e. a student whose parents and grandparents did not graduate from college, students with siblings who are in college or who have graduated from college are eligible for this scholarship)
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) or Student Aid Index (SAI) of $10,000 or less
- Currently active in their school or community
- Planning to attend a trade school, technical school, community college, or a 4-year accredited college in Colorado
Scholarships will be awarded once a year through a competitive process based on:
- financial need
- scholastic potential
- extracurricular activities and leadership
Scholarship awards can be used toward tuition, fees, required books and supplies, room and board, and other required educational expenses. Funds can be used beginning in the upcoming academic year for part-time or full-time study at an accredited post-secondary school in Colorado. If you cannot utilize your funds within one year of awarding, contact The Denver Foundation to discuss your situation.
All scholarship awards will be paid directly to a recipient’s educational institution. Award disbursement is contingent upon the outside scholarship acceptance policies of a recipient’s college or university.
How to apply
- Read through the eligibility to confirm you meet the requirements for the scholarship opportunity
- Prepare and submit the following items:
- One essay
- Where and how do you show leadership in your day-to-day life/activities?
- One community letter of recommendation
Photo credit: Manual High School