The Winifred R. Reynolds Education Scholarship supports students pursuing graduate degrees focused on early childhood education (ECE), Child Development, or an equivalent field with coursework focused specifically on ECE.
- Be a current resident of Colorado or have been a resident of Colorado for at least 2 years before the start of the upcoming academic year.
- Enrolled or planning to enroll in a master’s or doctorate level program in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Educational Psychology, or an equivalent program with coursework primarily focusing on early childhood education.
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher for all graduate-level work that has been completed (students who are just starting their graduate work should have a strong undergraduate academic record).
Scholarships will be awarded once a year through a competitive process based on:
- extracurricular activities and leadership
- commitment to the field/passion for the work
- vision for the future
Award amounts vary and are based on the strength of the application.
Scholarship grants can be used for tuition, fees, and/or required books. Applicants can be full-time or part-time students. Renewal is not automatic for this award, however, previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply for consideration. Awards must be used for the upcoming academic year. An individual can receive a scholarship from this fund for a maximum of three years.
How to apply
- Read through the eligibility to confirm you are eligible to apply for the scholarship
- Prepare and submit the following items:
- Two essays
- Where and how do you show leadership in your day-to-day life/activities?
- What drew you to teaching/education? And what coursework are you pursuing to further your career?
- One academic or professional reference