Thank you for your interest in our Leading & Learning event on affordable housing and homelessness.
We were grateful to have some amazing panelists: Jonathan Cappelli, Executive Director of Neighborhood Development Collaborative; Britta Fisher, President and Chief Executive Officer at the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless; and Jaime G. Gomez, Chief Executive Officer at Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver.
If you want to learn more, here are some articles and additional resources:
- Mayor Johnston’s plan to house 1,000 individuals by the end of the year
- Denver top in nation for rent gains, outstripping income gains since Great Recession
- Denver’s already seen 341 more eviction filings in 2023 than in 2022. It could get worse in 2024
- Community Economic Defense Project Panel with author of Poverty by America
- Housekeys Action Network report on housing needs
- Understanding Public Housing Resources and the Coloradans Who Most Need Market Interventions
- Groundbreaking of 2700 Wewatta celebrated the 56-unit affordable, supportive housing development for youth ages 18-24 who are experiencing homelessness or transitioning out of Denver’s foster care system.
- Colorado Coalition for the Homeless 2023 Housing and Homelessness Report
Photo credit: Amanda Tipton Photography